John G. Dundas
Mr. Dundas has represented clients at the administrative, trial, and appellate level, in matters including contractual and business disputes, insurance defense, trust and estate litigation, secured debts, ERISA, personal injuries, pension claims, property disputes, construction litigation, forcible entry and detainer, workers compensation claims, foreclosures, and employment litigation.
Mr. Dundas has assisted individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts & estates with the preparation of tax returns, and has represented clients taxation matters with the Internal Revenue Service, the Illinois Department of Revenue, the Iowa Department of Revenue, and the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
He has also assisted clients in the formation of business entities, contract drafting and review, and obtaining and defending liquor licenses. Mr. Dundas also provides estate planning services for clients.
In addition to his legal work, Mr. Dundas serves on the Board of Directors for Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois.
Areas of Practice
- 60% Civil Litigation
- 10% Taxation
- 10% Trusts & Estates
- 10% Workers Compensation
- 10% Corporate/Business/ERISA
- 60% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2000
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2009
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. cum laude – 2000
- Honors: Harno Scholar
- Honors: Dean’s List
- University of Illinois – Urbana/Champaign, Urbana, Illinois
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1997
- Major: Teaching of Social Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Peoria County Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois, Board of Directors, 2014 – Present
- Tax Preparation